Sunday, October 25, 2009

Simple Joys

I Love:

Central Park
Especially in autumn. But you already knew that.

Fresh vegetables
Green beans last week, peas this week... and not from a can!! Good snacks and sides and you feel healthy eating them.

Cute kids on the subway
Mom: What's our stop?
3 year old: 1748.
Mom: 125th.
3 year old: I was VERY close.

My teachers
From swapping stories with some other music teachers, apparently school teachers can be very catty. Not mine--yay!! I also randomly ran into about 6 of my teachers on my commute home... Incentive to pack up for the day a little quicker to get to the train station a few minutes earlier than usual! And I have serious suspicions of a secret teachers' lounge. We'll see.

Great conversations with friends
SO many this week! It's good to talk through joys and frustrations out loud sometimes. And I love love love hearing about your lives as well... There's a very tangible feeling sinking in that we're squarely in the realm of adulthood now. The conversations reflect it in content and depth and I LOVE it!!

Streamlined lesson planning
I'm starting a new system where I write next Monday's lesson plans the preceding Monday afternoon and so forth. The classes' progress is still fresh in my mind and I only would have to do 2 plans a night max. And NO WEEKEND PLANNING!!! Big bonus.

Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread...
I anticipate Rachel Vickers and Rachel Vickers alone appreciating this.


Some things I could learn to like more:

Saving money

Choosing winter concert repertoire

Cleaning
SUCH a different state of mind when the apartment's clean... And less of a chance of encountering these guys:



But I'll leave you with a more pleasant image...



=)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment