Monday, October 12, 2009

A beautiful day to be in love... with New York =)

Central Park. It's all about Central Park. No matter how many times I go there to sit or walk or run, it never fails to put me in a better mood. First jog in a month and a half and it was just lovely, despite brisk(er) air and barely any foliage change yet. It's fun to be here in autumn--my favorite season anyway--and see what the city is like "at rest"... No tourists, no major festivities... This afternoon the park was full of natives with their scarves and dogs and warm beverages. Ok, maybe there were some tourists on bikes who couldn't figure out that bikes ride in the lanes with the other bikes, not the lanes with the runners. Wheels, feet, what's the difference...

This weekend was one of the best "normal" weekends I've had in a long time. Productive every single day--a little bit more glueing and cutting tonight and I'll have finished everything I wanted to accomplish over the four days! Highlights include:

Creating a lot of fun printouts for lessons and bulletin boards. My printer may be out of ink now, but at least HP offers online orders free of shipping!

Reconnecting with the magical world of Elmo over babysitting.

Yet another wonderful sermon at All Souls... one of those with affirming sentence after affirming sentence.

A packed but successful Sunday afternoon of errands. I now have a whole bunch more school supplies... And two pairs of flats. That's right, FLATS. Target prices padded the shock a little (though not the heels).

Seeing a three year-old on the subway hitched up criss-cross applesauce in a seat with a look on his face that alternated between pensive and jaded. Then he fell asleep in his mom's lap.

Getting a bargain on a huge bag of what may be the best almonds I've ever had. It's as though they're infused with vanilla extract... Delicious.

Baking banana muffins for the custodians. They don't need to know I made 28 when I bring in 20. Or that I consumed 29 and 30 in batter volume.

Love, Hugs, and Banana Muffins!
Kate =)

PS: Much thanks for the multiple "Your classroom is so you!" comments. It wasn't what I was going for, but I suppose it makes sense as I'm the one who decorated the room... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment