Friday, October 30, 2009

Not dead, Mom

Dear Mom:
I am sick. But I am not dead. I repeat, I am not dead. I bought me some Sudafed and more OJ and chicken soup. I am taking lots of naps. Not. Dead.

=)

(Mom's a little bit of a worrier, and understandably so with her two children off in the real world and away from her all-encompassing medical care. Love you, Mom)

So my first sickety-sick-sick day in New York. Not so bad when you have Friday off. I have been working(ish) for about an hour at a time before my head or back or nose tells me I need to lie down, resulting in intermittent hour-long naps throughout the day. Not the most productive 24 hours, I'll tell ya that.

The lady at the drugstore told me to feel better after buying Sudafed... First I thought "How sweet!" then "Wait, I could have been buying it for someone else or to stock up..." then "Oh yes, I am sporting the controlled bedhead, no makeup, slouchy sweatshirt look. Right." Even so, more proof that New Yorkers aren't as far off from Midwesterners as some would have you believe.

If I didn't have to prepare a winter concert, I wouldn't. This next week of lessons is aaaaall concert rep in hopes that the kids learn it really fast and I can sneak in some real content sometime before January... Here's hoping =)

So I decide to go TV-less the year that EVERYTHING on TV is fabulous! Hulu, you are welcome to postpone those fees as long as possible... Please watch Modern Family. It's awesome. Don't let it go the way of Arrested Development. You'll thank me about 2 minutes into your first episode.

Well this has become quite the scattered post. Probs the virus. Cheese and crackers (do I have any crackers left? Hm...) and then maybe a little more lesson planning before my late afternoon nap. If I can kick this before Monday it'll all be worth it...

Love, Hugs, & Sudafed!
Kate =)

No comments:

Post a Comment