Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh Hey, Blog

Happy New Year, kids! 2010... That's a weird one.
1) It seems like one of those years everyone has always referenced as "The Future"--like, "In 2010, we'll all be riding hover cars".
2) The last-two-number abbreviation is not multisyllabic.
3) We've gone back to saying years in terms of two-digit numbers. Twenty ten.
4) It's one year past 2009, a year beyond which I had no need to fathom for the duration of my school years.
So yeah, it's weird.

It was GREAT to be home, although it definitely feels more like "home" than home. My home is my apartment, and my old room is now a redecorated guest room (stepping into which was the weirdest moment of my LIFE, btw). I feel I've moved on, literally and figuratively, so while it's great to have a break and spend time with my family, I don't cling to it the way I did in college.

Other musings from the past week or so...

I missed walking everywhere. Seriously.

I drove a car for the first time in over 6 months--in snow, no less. Just like riding a bicycle. With four wheels and an engine.

You know you're a grownup when a vacuum and a blender are among the most exciting gifts of Christmas.

Old apartment building boilers are designed to literally roast tenants. At least that's what it feels like--even with both windows wide open. Jose, my super (read Super Jose), says the settings cannot be altered, so currently my at-home wardrobe consists of tank tops and shorts. If only I had bags of sand and an inflatable pool...

Christmas letters next year.

Roof=Best possible location to countdown a new year.

I'm partway vegetarian now... I've cut out purchasing meat from the grocery store and ordering it at restaurants (with the exception of sushi--sorry, eels). Delicious recipes welcome!

I should probably start preparing for that teaching thing that starts up again Monday... Or watch Pirates. Or both...

KP =)

1 comment: