Thursday, December 17, 2009

Things That Are Awesome

#1: Being DONE forever with my first concerts ever!!!!
They were pretty amazing. Dress rehearsals--crazy, crazy, crazy. But that's how it goes, right? Although next time, I would like to have a stage for my dress rehearsal; let's not double book it with a music dress rehearsal and H1N1 vaccinations next time, ok? Thanks. But seriously, I could not be prouder of my kids! They were so professional and definitely delivered all those invitations we wrote out because there were LOTS of parents at each concert (my principals were all surprised, that's a good thing!). And my teachers and supervisor all seemed impressed with the performances. Also a good thing!

Other things that are awesome, in no particular order:

Sing Off
A nationally televised acapella singing competition with Ben Folds as a judge? Neat. Don't spread this around, but I may or may not believe it to be a far more legitimate operation than a certain other seasonal, singing-based reality show... Mr. Lachey, however, is no Seacrest.

Listening Lessons with 4th Graders
They're really astute listeners--it's so interesting to hear them communicate what they hear in a piece of music. Also, when you are told that Usher is singing when it is, in fact, Clay Aiken, that's always a fun time.

Purchasing a week-long Metrocard instead of a month-long pass
Because a week from today, I WON'T NEED ONE!!! ...for 7 days. =)

Homemade pizza: Half-White, Half-Caprese edition
Delicious. Although, I must add that baking pizza and pumpkin muffins in the same sitting makes for some interesting flavors licked off of one's fingers...

The smell of pop-up Christmas tree vendor fences
Mmm, pine.

Celebrating the conclusion of concert week with apple strudel and Chardonnay
Self-explanatory.

=) Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment