Sunday, August 30, 2009

Goodnight, sleep tight...

I really like this moderate summer thing... Turns out when it's not 97 degrees or rainy, the outdoors can be quite nice this time of year! Today's events included reading in Central Park, an hour-long walk through Fort Tryon Park and the Cloisters (5 minutes from my apartment!), and journal writing on my balcony (read: fire escape). Beautiful skies and sun and breezes... I could use a few more weeks of nothing to do but enjoy days like these!

And indeed, enjoying days like these means I'm finally over the initial relocation stress. I'm sure there will be recurring bouts, like when I go to pay rent and things like that, but for now I'm settled and at peace and enjoying New York again. A good mental space to be in considering I may or may not have a leaking fridge (it's been good for the past 24 hours; I may have fixed it...), a cockroach or two (no big thing, it's New York), and... bedbugs.

I really hope I don't have bedbugs. I really hope my itchy, eaten-up legs are from the outdoors (doubtful as I've not had much contact with it lately because of aforementioned weather issues) or an unexpected reaction to my regular bath products or a newly acquired allergy to my own sweat or anything that doesn't require an exterminator. I really hope I don't have bedbugs.

My "last week of freedom" is looking to be a very busy one... breakfast with Sally tomorrow (PS she is the best possible friend one could have in this city--day visits, evenings of food and drink and game, fun restaurant recs, psychological support from a fellow transplant), dinner with Tork Tuesday, Meghan comes Wednesday (!!!), and sometime this week I would like to get into my school to meet my principal and unload Round 1 of materials... Still haven't decided on the most efficient way to get a tub full of instruments and a too-heavy box of books to the Bronx...

Love, hugs, and bedbugless thoughts!
Kate =)

No comments:

Post a Comment