Saturday, August 22, 2009

I get paid for this??

Training. Is. Awesome.

5 days of basically the best "in service" workshops a music teacher could ever ask for. Mock lessons, group discussions, TONS of resources (so far a songbook, dozens of ready-made lesson plans, a lesson planning book specifically designed for general music schedules...), and finally a community of my own!! This and next week's training is for new hires only, meaning we're all new to ETM and teaching and surprisingly most of us are recent transplants as well! That part is especially great because it's like college all over again... we're all super eager to make new friends because we don't have any!

I love love LOVE this organization, they are so supportive and knowledgeable and friendly... definitely makes up for the fact I'm making about 2/3 of a Dept of Ed salary... still looking for that Friday job... But we do in fact get paid for training, despite the fact we all feel we somehow should be paying for all these great resources and opportunities. I guess that's the teaching part.

It's fiiiiiinally cooled down a little, thanks to recent thunderstorms. It's just been so unimaginably hot, and with no AC it's stressful sometimes. Or all the time. But in time I will appreciate the utilities savings I suppose. Fans and no screens on the windows and refrigerated water and tank tops have been rather helpful, many thanks.

Good news bears: Spinach and feta combined make for some delicious meals.

Great news bears: I found a penny in the bottom of my grocery bag today.

Love & Hugs!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment