Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh wait...

Beautiful run this morning, meeting with my prospective landlord (one or two days away from signing a lease!!), got some errands done... And then I return home and collect my mail that includes a big packet of info from my job. Yay--details!

Then the minor freakout.
[My internal monologue will appear in brackets]

2 days of 4th/5th general music on the Upper West Side.
[Way cool! Short commute, standard music teaching, ease breeze].

I read on: 3 days in the Bronx
[Mm ok not what I was expecting but that's cool]

I look up the commute
[1 hr 15 min... which means I have to allow 1 1/2 hours... Ugh ok...]

And then... Bronx assignment: 1 day general music, 2 days beginning band
[I did not sign up for this. I've never been in a band. I almost passed out playing the flute. 6 hours of commuting for band? Is this what a panic attack feels like??...]

A polite call to the employer later ("I have an interview for a one-day-a-week job tomorrow... Should I cancel this or would you still like to fill a 4-day position?") reveals that they had copied/pasted erroneous information into my letter. My placements aren't done yet and will likely be 4 days a week at one school, all general music.
[Ooook. We're calming down, let's eat some lunch]

=)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment