Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm not homeless!!

If all goes through according to plan, I will have my very own living space as of August 1! It's in Inwood, the neighborhood of my current sublet and it has everything I'm looking for--close subway, grocery, laundry in building, and even a courtyard! To clarify, courtyard was not on my "must-have" list. But it's pretty sweet. Though I wouldn't have admitted it if I was still going for the West Harlem apartment I originally applied for, this one is in a much safer neighborhood, especially with regards to the nighttime crowd, so that's probs a good thing. =) I'll start giving out the address once it's *official* so I don't jinx anything... Nonetheless you will for sure have a place to stay when you visit beyond a cardboard box under a bridge. Great news bears.

August 1--and with it, the month of August--is this Saturday. That's nuts. I have to finish my collage, which at this point just involves glueing, but I feel it's going to take a while to get things "just so" with my decorative perfectionism... Perhaps having a deadline is a good thing with respect to creative neurosis.

Aaah AND all this moving business coming so soon means my family is here next week!! I'm so excited to show them the city and neighborhoods... and buy some sweet IKEA furnishings! =) Operation: Find Fun Stuff for the Family to Do is underway...

Love & Hugs & New Apartments!
KP =)

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Apartments are sooo exciting! I don't move into mine until August 18th, but I already made my IKEA furnishings trip. lol.

    ReplyDelete