Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here we go again...

I've decided to reboot the whole blogging thing in an effort to stay better connected... and saner myself... amidst the hustle and bustle of this new and permanent New York City life of mine. In other words, I keep thinking of good things to say that would look awkward in a Facebook status update.

A month plus into "real life" here and I have about half my life put together. Which I suppose is decent considering I have roughly half a summer left. Job--check. I'm working at least 4 days a week (fingers crossed for 5...) teaching music in one or more public schools around East Harlem through an independent organization called Education Through Music. Basically, I'm a public school teacher receiving my pay not through the Department of Education but through ETM. But the chances of getting hired by the school system within the first 2 years is very high, which is excellent news for my prospective salary and health benefits, both of which I will have with this job but would be improved once hired by the DOE...

So that's more or less taken care of. Housing not so much... Seen a few decent places but currently no one's returning my calls... If I were a broker I imagine I would want to, you know, stay in contact with clients who seem eager to pay me for my services, but maybe things work differently out here. Here's hoping that I won't have to venture into the sleazy world of craigslist...

Please please please keep me nice and updated with all your lives and I want each and every one of you to visit!!! ...Once I have an apartment. And please don't all come at the same time.

Love & Hugs,
Kate or Katie or KP or basically whatever you want to call me (within reason)
=)

2 comments:

  1. Hey lovely!
    So glad you have a blog! I'll follow you through the world of NYC and you can follow me through the snow drifts of Minneapolis. lol. I am determined to find a way to visit you since Spider Man awaits us... =D
    Miss you!
    ~Rachel V

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are following your dream of being in NY! I'm in a current state of semi-brokeness as I just started getting paid last week, but I promise I will get to NY sometime in th next couple months :)
    -Nora

    ReplyDelete