Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cookies, Take Two

Success.

Apparently it is not enough to simply offer cookies. They must be left out on a plate in the main office for a full day. Cookies gone. I even got a "That was you who brought those? Just for that I'm bringing you that ladder first thing tomorrow morning" from the custodian. Now, if you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know as well as I do that there may or may not actually be a ladder in my room any time tomorrow. But at least they've been bribed.

Also, I feel a greater sense of familiarity with the teachers now... the lack of a teacher's lounge for mingling certainly doesn't help with getting to know people, but at least they come to class with their kids so they get to know me a little. I say hi to them in the halls now, and I think I have most of their names down.

Also, the KIDS!! Since I arrive and leave school roughly when they do and am frequently in the halls tracking down late classes (and ones that, for lack of a sub, don't exist for the day because their students have been split up into other classes--insane!), I get a lot of face time with kids outside of class. They all call out my name and wave and hug when they can... not altogether astonishing (FYI elementary kids like attention), but encouraging nonetheless. =)

Also, I'm addicted to almonds as an afterschool snack. Craving food high in natural fats means...?

Also, I've been using "Also" a lot lately. Oh Dwight...

Love, Hugs, and Funfetti Cookies!
KP =)

1 comment:

  1. My latest 'hot phrase' is saying "PS" at the beginning of every sentance. I'm trying to stop myself, but it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete