Friday, September 11, 2009

Addendum

So in reviewing last night's post I discovered I took on a much angrier tone than I intended in discussing music teacher qualifications and DOE expectations... Apparently the stress of not having one's classroom together plus long days and commutes plus an increasingly noisy upstairs neighbor puts on a bit of an edge... Apologies all around.

Mostly the situation of the musically deficient music teacher is more sad--sobering--than anything else. It's frustrating that the system would allow music teachers with little to no proficiencies into music classrooms with young, inexperienced, impressionable children eager to absorb whatever the music teacher sets forth as information and demonstration. It's sad that no one has told this woman that she probably shouldn't be a music teacher. I'm reminded of the plights of poor John Stevens or Sanjaya Malakar--it's not their fault that a panel of judges and a dumb voting public enabled their lackluster selves into the upper parts of the final 12... Their first, last, and only decision in the whole process was auditioning.

Omg this neighbor... I don't understand why anyone needs to watch what sounds to be news this frickin loud... Earplugs and moving my pillow haven't worked; trying fan as white noise tonight although it's rather cold. I'm giving this chump until Tuesday, then it's going down.

=) Kate

1 comment:

  1. Booyeah. I can't wait to read that post!
    Katie vs. upstairs guy, the final round. =D

    ReplyDelete