Monday, November 30, 2009

Wah wah

I don't seem to be in the mood for anything but sleeping right now... Not school work, cleaning, exercise, DINNER... So maybe a blog will help get the mopies out of my system?

School Update:
Good news bears--I'm back in my classroom!
Bored news bears--I've gotta come up with new ways to present the concert songs or I am going to drive the kids and myself insane... All over in 17 days!

Thanksgiving:
GREAT day! Meghan came over here in the morning to cook, and then she and I brought our respective dishes (green bean casserole, apple pie) to Sally's for an all-around delicious meal. And evening for that matter. Thanksgiving from now on will not be complete without an all-guest instrument jam led by a baby. Good food, good friends, good wine, good self-made music... And to top it off, we ran into none other than Dr. Paul Torkelson as we entered the subway station on our way home. Impressive.

Since then...
Not really anything to report. Definitely feeling the end of the year slump/exhaustion/lack of motivation kicking in. I'm more tired, the weather is generally dull, concert preparation is sometimes like waiting for water to boil (and sometimes not--the preschool teachers have actually been practicing the songs with their kids and they knew soooo many more words than I expected of them today!!), and I'm basically ready to be home, even if it is for a whirlwind 7 days. During which I kind of have to plan 5 more months of music curriculum... Oh well, February break is right around the corner, right?

I suppose I should feed myself something. They say eating is good for you. Any suggestions on kicking myself back into gear are much appreciated =)

KP

1 comment:

  1. hmm, turn on a little christmas music, dance around, and get back to work. atleast that's what i'm doing today. :)

    ReplyDelete