Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sometimes life doesn't lend itself to organized paragraphs

My fifth graders learned a modified kick line today. Awesome.

The Office is back to its old self again! Congrats, PLEASE keep up the good work! 30 Rock, you also performed well tonight. Good work. (Also, am I the only one rooting for Jack and Liz as more than business partners...??)

Older kids learn music faster than expected. Younger kids not so much.

The bakery around the corner is the best and most dangerous neighborhood resource. I got something called Pudin de Pan today. It involved raisins and dense cake and sweet goo and I don't know what it's really supposed to be but it was a dollar and it made me full. Also, empanadas.

If I saw a purple and yellow sign in a foreign language covering up the display panel of an exercise machine, I probably wouldn't use that machine. Lady, it's ok that you don't speak English, but perhaps the reason your machine won't light up is 1) because it's out of order, and 2) because there's a large purple and yellow sign with some kind of message on it covering up the display so people know not to use it. Maybe.

Conferences were this week... Only had to stay for the ones during the normal school day but apparently a lot of teachers were surprised with the turnout--really promising news for our population!!

Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith. What.

Lesson plans are so much easier and quicker to plan--and more smoothly executed--when song-centered. Good to know, even after concert season. With my extra weekend time, I have decided to engage in much-needed creative activities. Drawing. Composing. Jamming. Blogging? =)

Love me some PJ's Wine store. Apparently one of the top ten wine warehouses in the nation, and I can walk there in about 8 minutes. Ask me about Gato Negro sometime... Best. Value. Ever.

I like babies. Other people's babies. And money earned from hanging out with other people's babies. But mostly the babies.

Sesame Street. So many fond memories, so many classic video clips resurfacing for the show's 40th anniversary. Love it.

Probs forgetting other things worthy of mention... Meh.

=) Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment