Monday, September 13, 2010

Just the Way I Left It, Part II

A few more for the file of the familiar...

I ran in Central Park for the first time in months on Saturday... I've developed such a routine with my glorious neighborhood parks that I forgot about the Park that started it all. The loop was fantastically calming and just as picturesque as I remember. Never mind that I wove in and out of a random 4K race for something... Fortunately the teeming masses only ran through part of my route... As a sidenote, I'm fairly confident competitive running is not for me. I run for leisure, not for a time or a t-shirt.

Later Saturday I pulled out my college vocal repertoire binders to recover a copy of a well-rehearsed aria for my upcoming choir audition. I sang through it (still memorized!) and then another piece as a backup... And then the entirety of my senior vocal recital. I could not believe how much muscle memory I've retained from last March's performance, particularly as I have sung NONE of it since then! Even the 7-page, diarrhea-of-the-mouth Russian piece it took months to memorize flowed more easily than I expected (unsurprisingly, however, this one did not prove as memorized).

As a parting gift, I will share a gorgeous panorama (several pictures cropped together, in fact) of my classroom last spring, just the way I left it... Before taking everything down and putting it in boxes. =) Click through for full size!


Photo by Chris Marolf, ETM program staff member and picture-taker extraordinaire!

Love, Hugs, and Happy School Year!
KP

No comments:

Post a Comment